Two layers of butter cookie crust and, in between, a blanket of dark chocolate and peanut butter morsels swimming in a river of sweetened condensed milk. They are already perfect at that point but why not make them prettier?
So, into the butter cookie dough that forms the crusts went a handful of colored sprinkles. And the result is a kaleidoscope of colors and textures. Crisp cookie crusts, gooey chocolate and peanut butter filling, and an explosion of colors. Just perfect for any special occasion — and every day is a special occasion.
Inspired by Funfetti Gooey Bars.
Recipe: Choco peanut butter bars
- 1 and 1/2 c. of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1 and 1/4 c. of sugar
- 1/2 c. (125 g.) of cold butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c. of multi-colored sugar sprinkles (available in baking supply stores)
- 1/4 c. of peanut butter morsels
- 1/3 c. of dark chocolate morsels
- 1/2 c. of sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line the bottom and sides of a 7″x11″ baking pan with non-stick paper.
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Cut the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the egg and sprinkles. The mixture will be loose and crumbly.
- Press two-thirds of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Scatter the peanut butter and chocolate morsels over the crust. Pour the condensed milk over everything.
- Sprinkle the remaining crust mixture evenly on top.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a rack and cool completely.
- Cut into bars or squares.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12 to 16 bars or squares, depending on the size